10.24.2006

Speaking of Compilations...

When I was just getting into music, I started off with Led Zeppelin, Marley, Johnny Winter, ect. At that time, my parents controlled a lot of what I listened to and watched. Being the oldest of 3 boys, they were apprehensive about what was going to be playing in my stereo for fear of introducing my younger brothers to inappropriate music. My Dad gave me a lot of cassettes that he had recorded for me and my dad's friend gave me tons of Reggae and early Dub cassettes.
I was flipping through Kim's cds today and I came across this CD. It's Studio One's older compilation series. My dad's friend had all these artists on Vinyl and he had made me cassettes of the artists. I found a few last time I was home in my old closet, so I was stoked to find this series on CD. I've been a long-time fan of Horace Andy and his older recordings are all scratchy still. I'd like to think they'll remaster these at some point.
Studio One's reggae is true Reggae and it's worth checking out...

No comments: