2.14.2007

DQM x Trackstar

I picked my jaw off the floor this morning as I checked Keith Hufnagal's blog When I was in Dave's Quality Meat a while ago buying a hat, I brought my bike in with me. The two dudes runnin the show there also ride track bikes and immediately started checking on my whip. We started talking about how it's interesting to find skaters pick up a trackbike because they ride it like an old 80's bmx. [The owner, Dave, swore loyalty to his old BMX bike...] I've seen kids riding wheelies, spinnin' handlebars, bunny-hopping and other bmx-inspired maneuvers. When you add a fixed cog to the mix, you can skid, do trackstands and skips. Well, DQM upped the ante by releasing this collaboration with NYC elitist bike shop Trackstar. I'm gonna get my hands on one of these puppies.

1 comment:

Prolly said...

... or not, because like everything that's hot in NYC, they're sold out...